Monday, February 20, 2017

Temptation


February Challenge. "Temptation, motion"
I had a ton of fun with this piece. It just kind of painted itself. I limited myself to one brush and a palette knife and was able to capture some very cool texture along the way. The colors that I think of when I hear the word temptation are red and purple. I began the painting with a blue-violet, and worked the darkest layers up into a bright crimson. There are several layers glazed over this portion of the painting used to capture the very nature of temptation- that it exists because there are forbidden or hidden things that we wish to seek.  The last layer is one which resembles flowers. I incorporated tiny, dried flowers over the pink splotches. This takes a twist on the saying: "Stop and smell the flowers!" and how desire begins often times with something very innocent.

No comments:

Post a Comment